Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Big question




For this project, we had to ask ourselves a question about inventor that we are unsure of how to answer. Mine was, "How do you make a sphere in inventor?" I searched through Youtube and found a tutorial: Autodesk Inventor Professional 2015 - How to Make a Sphere: http://youtu.be/psbjvl6kaH4
It was very helpful and answered my question.



My next question was how to make a cone, but I also wanted to hollow out the bottom of the hole. I didn't use a tutorial but I had Benjamin give me some guidance with the tools to create this cone.

I first created a square and made a line from one corner to another, then trimming off the two sides to create a right triangle. I next used the offset tool to create another, smaller triangle within this triangle. Then you click move, shift click the three sides of the smaller triangle, and select base point. A message will pop up asking to remove the constraints of which you click yes and move the smaller triangle to the point of origin and then click done. Now you would click on the line tool and coonect the top corners of the triangle and the bottom corners of the triangles, then trimming the access inner lines.
You finish the 2-d sketch and then click rotate, selecting the tip of the poential cone axis to revolve it on. Press okay and then you have a hollowed out cone.

No comments:

Post a Comment